HEALTH & SAFETY
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
McCabe Group recognises that its site activities give rise to a range of hazards, It also recognises that its employees may be exposed to hazards when providing on-site support to their customers.
McCabe Group believes that despite the presence of these hazards, all accidents and incidents of work-related ill-health are preventable. It also recognises it has a legal responsibility to ensure the health, safety and welfare of persons affected by its activities.
As such, McCabe Group is committed to:
- Preventing injury or ill health to anyone who may be affected by its work activities
- Complying with all relevant legal, customer and other third-party requirements
- Continually improving its risk management and occupational health & safety performance.
McCabe Group will achieve these commitments through the following means:
- The implementation and maintenance of an Occupational Health and Safety System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 45001: 2018
- The systematic identification of hazards present and the application of a risk assessment procedure that will identify and implement appropriate control measures and safe systems of work
- The maintenance of a set of objectives and a supporting programme of work that is focussed on achieving its commitments and eliminating or reducing the major hazards present
- The clear definition of individual management and employee responsibilities for implementing the Occupational Health and Safety System and achieving the Company’s commitments
- The provision of appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision so that all employees:
- are aware of their responsibilities and legal duties; and
- can support the implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety System and the development of a proactive Health and Safety culture
- The maintenance of effective systems of communication and consultation on Health and Safety issues with our employees and other persons affected by the Company’s activities.
The implementation of this Occupational Health and Safety Policy is fundamental to the success of McCabe Group’s business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.
This Policy is publicly available to interested external parties upon request.
Signed: Declan McCabe
The McCabe group are experts in construction, civils & site services across Ireland & Europe.
Derrylea, Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan, Ireland. A82 TK25